Visit our website to learn more about how we can fill all your electrical contracting needs!
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Today is the first day of Regents in NY State. It is hot and muggy on the second floor of this HS classroom. Fans are on full blast to circulate air because we have no air conditioning in our school. What are your feelings on students taking regents exams? Should NY State abolish this test? Should they follow the model of other US states and not have regents exams?
Post and share your opinion.
Post and share your opinion.
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
End of the year...
Having a party....
What to do as a class?........
....Give out awards..here is a list of 16 possible ideas.
- The Oprah Award – given to a student who loved to be the microphone holder and facilitator during our classroom presentations.
- The R.L. Stine Award – for the student who devoured the most Goosebumps books.
- Einstein Award – given to a person who loves science.
- Thomas Edison Award – given to someone who loves to investigate or invent things.
- Emily Post Award or Miss Manners Award – for a girl with impeccable manners.
- Mister Manners Award – for a boy with impeccable manners.
- The Harry Potter Award – given to the person who always gets into scrapes.
- The Thinker Award – for the problem solver in the class.
- Nobel Peace Prize Award – for a peacekeeper. At our school they are conflict managers.
- Peace Corps Award – another peacekeeper award.
- Speedy McSpeedster Award – for the person who always finishes work fast.
- Good and Plenty Award – for reading plenty of good books.
- Almond Joy Award – for always bringing joy into the classroom.
- Three Musketeers Award – given to someone who is a good friend.
- The Snickers Award – for the student who is the class clown. (There is one in every class.)
- The Timex Award – for the student who always watches the clock and keeps us on schedule.
Monday, June 8, 2015
I know I'm not the only one with the day count numbered in my plan book!
It's the time for class field trips and picnics.
Good Ideas for activities for class picnics
- A picnic crossword puzzle
- Make your own bubbles out of dish soap and water (children bring in own containers)
- Bed sheet tick *tack* toe ( prepare the sheet before hand/children work as teams!)
- Green Recycle Ring Toss (pictured below)
Recycle and be Green!
Image: Example of a ring toss found on Pinterest.
A Great idea for used empty water bottles after your picnic! Collect them and either tie together or place in a box and have pre-made rings in different colors to toss on them one team has blue, other team has red! ( can use empty masking tape rolls for rings )
Thursday, June 4, 2015
What's coming up?
End of the year activities!
How about a great scavenger hunt? This activity can be done at any class level for any subject!
All subject areas need to be competent in Computer and Internet terms
Copy these term below for free!
A computer virus is a program or piece of code that is loaded onto your computer without your knowledge and runs against your wishes.
A domain name is a unique name that identifies a website.
To copy (data) from one computer system to another, typically over the Internet.
A website containing a writer's or group of writers' own experiences, observations, opinions, etc., and often having images and links to other websites.
Look what I found on http://www.pinterest.com
End of the Year Activities!!!!
Farewell 1st Grade
Scroll down on this website to find this image. Click on this image a PDF will open so you can print!
Great Middle school activity. Save some from end of this year to give to incoming student beginning of next year!
Just one Word activity
Top 10 Things to know about this grade
A Transition day note from upper grade to lower grade.
Glasses: writing about your future